OK, I haven’t stopped writing at least something every chance I get. It’s the posting. I feel I have to “blog with a purpose” but I keep forgetting this is MY blog and I can write whatever the heck I want, dammit. I’m supposed to be capturing and sharing my growth.
Alrighty then, a nice little exercise to wake up my Muse, courtesy Writer’s Digest. They have a good idea to kickstart the new year:
A 12-Day Plan of Simple Writing Exercises
Ahhhh, a loophole the lazy/busy part of me can manipulate – they didn’t say consecutive days. Still, a good way to get the posting rust removed.
So no more thinking, plotting, wondering. Let ‘er rip!
Day 1: Write 10 potential book titles of books you’d like to write.
I know my heart leans more towards magazine articles, and the true ones I have in mind I think I’ll keep in the safe. But in the spirit of the exercise, here are articles, essays, and maybe books I’d write:
- Whiskey, Women, and Prison Time: Country Singer or Rapper?
- The Untold Stories of African-Americans and WWII Espionage
- The Making of “Me”
- When You Can’t Catch a Break
- Proving You’re Saved
- Power Couple
- Three Chains and a Cane: The Story of the World’s Oldest Rapper
- The 21st Century Prophets: Street Preachers
- The First Inventor: The First Person Who Discovered How to Create Fire
- Paths Not Taken
Hey, that was fun !
Whaddya think? Which should I tackle first?